Vacancy OEV2115: Structural Engineer
Would you like to help conceive the world’s first floating structure supporting an offshore MW-scale solar farm?
As Oceans of Energy is scaling its existing solar farm off The Hague up from 50 kWp to 3 MWp, we are recruiting a Structural Engineer with experience in offshore floating structures and fatigue analysis.
You will be responsible for all phases from conceptual through detailed design, selection of materials and suppliers. And you will translate measurement data from our operational systems to design improvements for future incarnations.
This position is located at our production facility near Leiden, The Netherlands.
Other responsibilities and tasks
- Giving input to fabrication, offshore installation as well as operations and maintenance
- Selection and maintenance of structural engineering software
- Supervising students
Qualifications and skills
- Advanced engineering degree (Master) in preferably Mechanical, Civil, Offshore or Aerospace Engineering
- 3 years’ relevant engineering experience
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills
- Start-up mentality: enthusiastic, independent, and getting things done with simple means.
- Quick learner
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Good communicator
- Authorised to work in the EU, available fulltime
About Oceans of Energy
Oceans of Energy BV is young, fast-growing company; we installed the world’s first offshore solar farm and have been operating it in severe offshore conditions. It is our aim to enable the world to generate clean energy from the abundance of space at sea instead of those scarce locations on land.
Our modular offshore solar farm has been operational at sea for almost two years and as we are extending it, we are monitoring it extensively. Meanwhile, we are conducting ecological research to assess the impact, both negative and positive, on nature and marine life.
As we are growing at break-neck pace we are developing technologies and methods without any example in the world. Please do not expect to find a bed of roses. A pioneering mentality is a must.
For more info, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Structural Engineer” and do not forget to mention the code: OEV2115.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/oceans-of-energy/mycompany/