Position: Offshore Installation Supervisor
Oceans of Energy is a young company and the first in the world to place solar panels offshore in ocean conditions. This will bring a big positive impact to the world: abundance of clean energy without land space issues. Our goal is to allow all populations near the sea, from small islands to large coastal regions, to generate clean energy using their sea space rather than their scarce land. Our focus is the technological development of offshore solar systems, hand in hand with ecological research to understand the impact as well as the benefits for nature and marine life.
You prepare and supervise our offshore installation activities.
Your responsibility is to prepare, plan, subcontract, execute and supervise the offshore / nearshore installation of our prototype units & pilot farms. Our offshore solar systems consist of floating units, anchored to the seabed with a permanent mooring system consisting of anchors and mooring lines. The floating units are towed to the offshore location and connected to the mooring systems. Afterwards the electrical cable will be connected.
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Experience in supervision of offshore installation activities
- Experience with the installation of permanent mooring systems such as SPMs or FPSOs
- Experience in offshore operations
- Experience in preparation, planning and selection of installation contractors
- Able to select low-end vessels and lead a low cost operation, while using high end safety standards
- Excellent English language skills
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Interested in working in a young company with startup mentality: enthusiastic, independent, and getting things done with simple means.
- Good communicator
For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to email@example.com with subject “Offshore Installation Supervisor “.