Position: Sales Engineer
Oceans of Energy is a young company and the first in the world to place solar panels offshore in ocean conditions. This will bring a big positive impact to the world: abundance of clean energy without land space issues. Our goal is to allow all populations near the sea, from small islands to large coastal regions, to generate clean energy using their sea space rather than their scarce land. Our focus is the technological development of offshore solar systems, hand in hand with ecological research to understand the impact as well as the benefits for nature and marine life. The company is now embarking on commercial roll-out.
The Sales engineer plays a key role in securing commercial projects for offshore floating solar worldwide, which are sometimes coupled with aquaculture and coral reef restoration. In preparing tenders and proposals, you will ensure that all the costs of logistics, mooring, power export and installation for the specific project are well researched, documented and understood so that the company can submit a binding cost proposal with confidence. You will interact both internally with colleagues as well as with partners, suppliers, vendors, clients and investors and you will need to be confident in your abilities to deliver.
As Sales Engineer your primary responsibility is to support the Commercial and Business Development Teams with preparing commercial proposals and tenders. As you have an engineering background, you understand our products from inside out, you understand the importance and subtleties of cost forecasting, risk analysis and investment appraisals. You also have a support role for additional business development, sales and marketing tasks, may they arise.
You will work from our main office in Katwijk, but must be available to frequently travel globally, potentially at short notice, for periods of up to 2 weeks. With our rapidly growing and expanding organization, you will have significant opportunities for career advancement in a short period with new exciting roles with greater responsibility, including potential international relocation.
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Bachelors or Masters in any engineering discipline; MBA a plus not essential
- Minimum 3-5 years post university work experience, with at least 1 year in a sales & tender environment
- Prior work experience in international sales and/or preparing proposals and tender documents required
- Experience in working in an offshore focused company or role (oil & gas, offshore renewables) a plus
- Self-motivated and be able to work independently on assigned tasks and bring them to completion
- Well organised and good time management
- Ability to think creatively to find solutions to often complex challenges in order to achieve the company’s objectives
- Ability to bring across ideas, suggestions and viewpoints based on facts, in a clear and concise manner, but also have the ability to listen
- Ability to work to fixed deadlines is essential, occasional long office hours no problem
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; Fluency in other languages a plus
- Must have nationality of an EU member state, or indefinite residence permit with ability to take gainful employment in the EU
- Valid drivers license
For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to email@example.com with subject “Sales Engineer”