Position: Photovoltaics and Electrical Engineer
Oceans of Energy is a young company and the first in the world to place solar panels offshore in ocean conditions. We want to bring a large positive impact to the world: abundance of clean energy without the usual land space issues. Our goal is to allow all populations near the sea, from small islands to large coastal regions, to generate clean energy using their sea space rather than their scarce land. Our focus is the technological development of offshore solar systems, hand in hand with ecological research to understand the impact as well as the benefits for nature and marine life.
The PVE engineer designs our PV and electrical systems and participates in building, installing and operating the offshore pilots.
- Design of an electrical system for operation at sea
- Water tightening design of the electrical system
- Safety aspects of the electrical system at sea, including working with high voltages
- Implementation of an innovative monitoring system
- Working together with other disciplines (i.e. structural design)
- Hands-on building of the electrical system
Your responsibility is to design and build the electrical system (integration) of our prototype units & pilot farms. Our offshore solar systems consist of floating PV units, anchored to the seabed. An electrical cable runs to the shore or a nearby installation and connects to the local grid. These are typically small grids.
Qualifications and Qualities:
Engineer (can be BSc level or higher but not necessary)
- Experience with PV systems, PV farms, small scale PV or off-grid systems
- Able to select components
- Able to build prototype set-ups
- Excellent english language skills
- Perform well in a fast-paced and challenging environment of new technology development
- Interested in working in a young company with startup mentality: enthusiastic, independent, and getting things done with simple means.
- Team player
- EU working permit
For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to email@example.com with subject “PVE engineer “.