Vacancy: Lead Project Engineer
Oceans of Energy is looking for a Lead Project Engineer to manage the technical preparations and execution of our Projects. You will be working side by side with the (Sr) Project Managers to manage our team of skilled engineers and subcontractors in the preparation of all Project Engineering deliverables. You will ensure that all work complies with Client requirements, OOE internal standards as well as relevant International Guidelines and Standards.
As our new Lead Project Engineer, you will be closely involved with the execution of the project up to and including installation and commissioning of the farm. This includes close cooperation with our Product Development as well as OMM departments. .As we are working in a highly innovative environment, our everyday learning is key. Therefore you will contribute to this by continuous gathering, logging and implementing all our learnings to improve future operations. This means you will be contributing to the development, design and procurement of many processes in cooperation with product development group.
About Oceans of Energy
Oceans of Energy is a young, passionate and fast-growing company. We installed the world’s first offshore solar farm in 2019 and have since been operating it in severe offshore conditions. It is our aim to enable the world to generate clean energy from the abundance of space at sea instead of those scarce locations on land.
Our modular offshore solar farm has been operational at sea for several years now and as we are extending it, we are monitoring it extensively. Specifically, the environmental monitoring we do thoroughly. Together with knowledge institutes, NGO’s and universities, we assess the impact on nature and marine life as well as to explore nature-enhancing opportunities around offshore solar
Your responsibilities and tasks
- Technical Lead in preparation and execution of our Projects
- Manage the engineers in the Project
- Ensure compliance of deliverables with Client, OOE and International Standards and Requirements
- Work closely with Product Design and Operations, Monitoring and Maintenance to continuously improve and innovate on our safe way of working offshore.
- Support project control activities (input to PM and PC) regarding forecasting and cost engineering, as well as subsidy claim preparations
Your Qualifications and skills
- 5-10 years relevant engineering experience
- Affinity/experience with water/offshore
- Structured and critical mindset
- Startup mentality: enthusiastic, independent, and getting things done with simple means
- Good communicator and able to work in, or lead, an engineering team
- Authorised to work in the EU, available fulltime
Why you want to work at Oceans of Energy:
- You will work together with many very talented colleagues, all with a lot of passion for the same mission.
- You will get a flexible time off policy, which means you will not have a strict maximum number of leave days a year. We believe that our employees can judge themselves when it is time to push and when it is time to take a break.
- You will receive a laptop from Oceans of Energy to work on.
- We believe that Learning is Key. This means that there are plenty of chances for you to learn and grow at our scale-up.
- We also often arrange (voluntary) extra curriculum events, such as sailing events, campsites, BBQ’s, Xmas party and of course Friday afternoon drinks.
As we are growing at break-neck pace we are developing technologies and methods without any example in the world. Please do not expect to find a bed of roses. A pioneering mentality is a must.
For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Lead Project Engineer”.