Position: Junior Design Engineer/Technical Draftsman (full-time)
Oceans of Energy is a young company, the first in the world to have installed and operate solar panels offshore in high wave conditions. Our goal is to enable populations near the sea to generate abundance of clean energy using sea space rather than scarce land space.
Our modular offshore solar farm system has been in operation at sea for over a year and half, and we will extend and increase the pilot size, hand in hand with ecological research to understand the impact as well as the benefits for nature and marine life.
The junior design engineer/technical draftsman is member of our engineering team, conceiving and making drawings of cutting-edge [components of] our innovative floating solar designs, and implementing product processes and design using computer-aided design software.
The function is based in our engineering & fabrication location near Leiden.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Construction design: Craft 2D/3D models and drawings using software programs (Sketch up, AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
- Performing FEM-analysis on components in software programs
- Management of drawing work: handling printouts, checking and modifying existing adaptation of existing material, archiving of drawings, maintaining revision data
- Improve existing products and processes, research new product ideas and methods (R&D)
- Ensure compliance with the industry’s (safety) standards
- Maintain accurate records and reports
- Present (prototype) designs to project partners and sub contactors
- Thinking along with the design team
Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced degree (HBO) from Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- Proven experience using 3D drawing software/ FEM software; (AutoCAD, CATIA, SolidWorks)
- Analytical mind, creative flair, strong attention to detail
- Ability to deliver projects effectively and on time
- Excellent English language skills
- Startup mentality: enthusiastic, independent, and getting things done with simple means.
- Driven, curious and solutions-oriented; find creative design solutions to problems
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- EU working permit
- For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to email@example.com with subject “Junior Design Engineer“.