Vacancy OEV2102: Installation Engineer
Would you like to help install the world’s first floating structure supporting an offshore MW-scale solar farm?
As Oceans of Energy is scaling up its existing solar farm on the North Sea to MegaWatt scale the coming year, we are recruiting an Installation Engineer.
As Installation Engineer you are responsible for the offshore installation of our (pilot) farms on the North Sea. This means you need to set up the required guidelines and procedures, plan the operations and required manpower, subcontract work to contractors and keep an overview during the execution of the installation. After these operations, you need to gather, log and implement all our learnings to improve future operations. This means you might need to design and procure installation specific tools, structures and add-ons in cooperation with product development group.
This position is located at our production facility near Leiden, The Netherlands.
Other responsibilities and tasks
- Give technical support & advice to OMM department, participate in inspections & maintenance when needed
- Selection and maintaining of engineering software relevant to the job
Qualifications and skills
- Advanced engineering degree (Master or Bachelor/Hogeschool) in civil, mechanical, offshore, maritime engineering or similar education
- 0.5-3 years relevant engineering experience (internship allowed)
- Affinity/experience with water/offshore
- Structured and critical mindset
- Able to think in various scenarios and change plans short notice
- Excellent English language skills
- Basic Dutch language skills (if working with Dutch contractors)
- Startup mentality: enthusiastic, independent, and getting things done with simple means
- Self-directed, quick learner
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Good communicator and able to work in, or lead, an engineering team
- Authorised to work in the EU, available fulltime
About Oceans of Energy
Oceans of Energy BV is young, fast-growing company; we installed the world’s first offshore solar farm and have been operating it in severe offshore conditions. It is our aim to enable the world to generate clean energy from the abundance of space at sea instead of those scarce locations on land.
Our modular offshore solar farm has been operational at sea for almost two years and as we are extending it, we are monitoring it extensively. Meanwhile, we are conducting ecological research to assess the impact, both negative and positive, on nature and marine life.
As we are growing at break-neck pace we are developing technologies and methods without any example in the world. Please do not expect to find a bed of roses. A pioneering mentality is a must.
For more info, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Installation Engineer” and do not forget to mention the code: OEV2102.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/oceans-of-energy/mycompany/