Vacancy OEV2201: Business Developer
Oceans of Energy’s offshore solar farm system has been developed and since installation in 2019 proven to withstand the forces of nature while at full sea in high waves. The system is now ready for commercial projects.
The Business Developer is responsible for Proposals & Sales, Project development and Grant funding applications support.
This position is based at our headquarters near Leiden, the Netherlands.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Proposals and Sales
- Prepare commercial proposals, tender documentation, pre-qualification documents, presentations, and other documents as required in our sales processes
- Develop and maintain standard proposal documentation
- Grant funding applications
- Find specific funding opportunities for grant funding (EU and or local)
- Give input to grant application proposals
- Project development
- Develop and execute project development plans
- Getting projects to Financial Close
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors or Master degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in sales or project development
- Hands-on experience with the preparation of project development plans, tenders, budgets, contract reviews and negotiations
- Fluency in English
- Good writing skills, storytelling skills, creative
- Self-propelled and talented
- Excellent business sense as well as presentation skills
About Oceans of Energy
Oceans of Energy is a young, fast-growing company; we installed the world’s first offshore solar farm in 2019 and have since been operating it in severe offshore conditions. It is our aim to enable the world to generate clean energy from the abundance of space at sea instead of those scarce locations on land.
Our modular offshore solar farm has been operational at sea for more than two and half years and as we are extending it, we are monitoring it extensively. Meanwhile, we are conducting ecological research to assess the impact, both negative and positive, on nature and marine life.
As we are growing at breakneck pace, we are developing technologies and methods without any examples in the world. Please do not expect to find a’ bed of roses’. A pioneering mentality is a must. Do you like to challenge yourself?
For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “OEV2201: Business Developer”.