SDG Economics Intern
Oceans of Energy is the first company to design, build, and test a floating photovoltaic energy system at open sea. The challenge of renewables today is the need for large surfaces of valuable land. Our offshore solar system relieves spatial pressure on land and enables even the densely populated coasts to profit from cheap clean energy. The company is now embarking on commercial roll-out.
We are currently looking for an intern to research the economic impacts of our contributions to UN Sustainable Development Goals. In our projects, we see a connection towards most of the SDGs (1). We consider this of key importance, however we currently have limited knowledge on how we can translate this to quantitative economic benefits. Therefore, we are looking for a research intern in able to combine economics to sustainability impacts. This requires a team-player, able to work independent, and not afraid of responsibilities. Your focus will be towards benefits on marine life and ecosystem services, therefore a background in (marine) ecosystems could prove beneficial.
The scale-up Oceans of Energy consists of a young and vibrant team complemented with top-seniors from the offshore industry. We offer you an environment in which you can take-up key-responsibilities and develop yourself exponentially. Together with our team, you can make a lasting positive impact and revolutionize the world of clean energy.
• Assessing different methods to create environmental value
• Develop easily measurable performance indicators
• Translate performance indicators into economic value based on existing literature
• Identify possibilities to fund SDG-contributions
• Collaborate effectively with variety of team members and organizations
Qualifications and Qualities:
• Currently Master student in Sustainability-related studies, preferably with a commercial focus and an understanding of (marine) ecosystems
• Excellent English language skills, understanding of Dutch/Spanish is beneficial
• Startup mentality: enthusiastic, independent, and getting things done with simple means.
• Driven, curious and always focusing on solutions
• Self-directed, quick learner
• Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
• Good communicator
For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to email@example.com with subject “SDG Economics intern”
(1) Our projects are directly applicable to SDGs: 7) Affordable & clean energy; 8) Decent work & economic growth; 9) Industry, Innovation, Infrastructure; 10) Reduced inequalities; 11) Sustainable cities & communities; 13) Climate action; 14) Life below water; 17) Partnerships for the goals; and indirectly to SDGs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 15.