Position: Mechanical/Structural Engineer
Oceans of Energy is a startup company which focuses on the development of floating systems at sea for renewable energy generation. Our goal is to allow all islands and all populations near the sea to generate clean energy using their ocean space rather than their scarce land. We are passionate about creating new maritime technology. We believe that an innovation in Marine Renewable Energy is most successful when lead by a small organization which is 100% focused on making it a success – like us. We also believe in cooperation with offshore industry and research institutes.
The Structural/Mechanical Engineer plays a key role in the development of our novel floating renewable energy platforms.
· Conceptual design, feasibility check and concept selection process
· Calculation and verification of structural strength of floating systems and connections
· Selection of materials
· Analyze measurement data from real-life prototypes and pilot systems, and integrate findings in following designs
· Hands-on building of prototypes and test models
· Supervise engineering master thesis students
Qualifications and Qualities:
· Advanced degree (Master or Bachelor) preferably in Mechanical-, Civil- Offshore- or Maritime engineering
· Excellent technical insights, able to make a quick back of envelope calculation
· Experience with numerical modelling tools (e.g. Ansys) and analytical tools (Python);
· Excellent English language skills
· Startup mentality: enthusiastic, independent, and getting things done with simple means.
· Driven, curious and solutions-oriented; bringing solutions rather than listing problems
· Self-directed, quick learner
· Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
· Good communicator and able to work in, or lead, a small engineering team
For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to email@example.com with subject “Structural/Mechanical Engineer“.