Position: Naval Architect
Oceans of Energy is a young company developing offshore floating solar systems. Our goal is to allow all populations near the sea, from small islands to large coastal regions, to generate clean energy using their ocean space rather than their scarce land.
We are passionate about creating new maritime technology. We believe that this is most successful when lead by a small organization which is 100% focused on making it a success – like us. We also believe in cooperation with offshore industry and research institutes, which we are doing in several partnerships.
The Naval Architect plays a key role in the development of our novel floating renewable energy platforms.
- Conceptual design and Basic engineering of prototypes
- Detail engineering of our first floating units
- Supervising the building and offshore installation of prototypes and test models
- Perform naval architecture calculations such as stability, structural strength and constructability of floating systems
- Selection of materials
- Selection en maintaining of naval architectural software
- Analyze measurement data from real-life prototypes and pilot systems, and integrate findings in following designs
- Supervise engineering master thesis students
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Advanced degree (Master or Bachelor) in Naval Architecture
- 3-7 years relevant engineering experience
- Able to lead a team, and also to perform hands-on calculations
- Excellent English language skills
- Startup mentality: enthusiastic, independent, and getting things done with simple means.
- Driven, curious and solutions-oriented; bringing solutions rather than listing problems
- Self-directed, quick learner
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Good communicator and able to work in, or lead, a small engineering team
For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to email@example.com with subject “Naval Architect“.