Vacancy: Junior Hydrodynamics and Mooring Engineer
Oceans of Energy is a startup company, we develop floating systems for renewable energy at sea. Our goal is to allow all islands and all populations near the sea to generate clean energy using their ocean space rather than their scarce land.
We are passionate about creating new maritime technology. We believe that an innovation is most successful when lead by a small organization which is 100% focused on making it a success, while we cooperate actively with research institutes and offshore industry.
The Junior Hydrodynamics & Moorings Engineer plays a key role in the development of our novel floating renewable energy platforms by determining the mooring loads of floating structures, analyzing the hydrodynamic behavior and bringing our design from concept to reality.
- Hydrodynamic modelling of novel floating renewable energy platforms
- Conceptual design, feasibility check and concept selection process
- Plan and supervise model-testing of scale models
- Verify outcome of numerical modelling with hand-calculations
- Analyze measurement data from real-life protoypes and pilot systems, and integrate findings in following designs
- Hands-on building of prototypes and test models
- Supervise engineering master thesis students
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Advanced degree (Master or Bachelor) preferably in Offshore- or Maritime engineering
- Recently graduated, or 1-2 years relevant engineering experience
- Preferred experience with dynamic analysis tools (e.g. Orcaflex, Ansys AQWA, AnySIM);
- Excellent English language skills
- Startup mentality: enthusiastic, independent, and getting things done with simple means.
- Driven, curious and solutions-oriented; bringing solutions rather than listing problems
- Self-directed, quick learner
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Good communicator and able to work in a small team
For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Junior Hydrodynamics and Mooring Engineer“.