Vacancy: Innovation Program Manager
The ocean is an endless basin of opportunities. As Innovation Program Manager You will play a pivotal part in growing our Research & Development & Innovation (R&D&I) and (pre-)commercial opportunities. You will be responsible for the program coordination plans for all granted R&D&I projects, lasting partnerships, and thriving (regional) industry developments. As Innovation Program Manager you will be the center piece in large holistic joint industry projects of 10+ MLN EUR with 60+ leading industry partners and it is your role to act as a gearbox to accelerate collaboration and remove barriers for uptake of the technology. This ranges from coordinating activities in product development, to topics related to sustainability, environment, economics, legal, contractual, energy system stakeholder-engagement and public affairs. The OOE offshore solar system is maturing fast, providing you with the opportunity to be in the centre of the fastest growing renewable energy industry in the world.
About Oceans of Energy
Oceans of Energy is a young, passionate and fast-growing company. We installed the world’s first offshore solar farm in 2019 and have since been operating it in severe offshore conditions. It is our aim to enable the world to generate clean energy from the abundance of space at sea instead of those scarce locations on land.
Offshore solar is advancing rapidly, as of it’s key features that can enhance offshore wind farms performances. It is our vision to integrate the offshore solar farms within the offshore wind farms to reduce spatial impacts of renewables, and to increase the utilization of the offshore wind infrastructure. Offshore solar can lead to 5x as much energy per km2 of offshore energy farms and we are now seeing first developments in practice that enable +20 – to – +40% more energy in NL Dutch wind farms.
Our modular offshore solar farm has been operational at sea for four years and as we are extending it, we are monitoring it extensively. Meanwhile, we are conducting ecological research to assess the impact, both negative and positive, on nature and marine life.
Your responsibilities and tasks
- Program Management of all major R&D&I projects:
- Manage changes to the grant agreement scope, schedule and budgets, and change procedures in close cooperation with the Project Managers
- Attend or delegate partner meetings, keeping partners on track with deliverables important for OOE
- Manage generation and protection of IP within R&D&I Programs and Collaborations
- Liaise with product development to understand what their R&D needs are; have a clear view of the innovation pathway, and combine this with opportunities in the Innovation Program.
- Safeguarding of Oceans of Energy IP
Your Qualifications and skills
- You have 2-10 year experience with coordination/project management of technical subsidy projects in (int.)consortia
- You know how to build and maintain relationships with external partners in the industry, universities and government
- You are a Strategic thinker: You can identify and combine internal innovation and business requirements with subsidy project opportunities
- You are multi-disciplinary oriented: You can see the bigger picture ranging from technical, to commercial, legal, and environmental, but are not necessarily specialized in one-expertise
- You are good at bringing structure to projects and you are a good planner
- You are a good communicator: You have excellent writing skills, and you give a mean presentation
- You are open-minded, you have the can-do mentality that fits a start-up
- Experience with offshore projects or renewable energy projects is not needed, but it is a big pre.
Why you want to work at Oceans of Energy
- You will work together with many very talented colleagues, all with a lot of passion for the same mission.
- You will get a flexible time off policy, which means you will not have a strict maximum number of leave days a year. We believe that our employees can judge themselves when it is time to push and when it is time to take a break.
- We are at the centre-piece of renewable energy developments; you will be working with the best partners in the industry and in the biggest joint-industry projects
- You will receive a laptop from Oceans of Energy to work on.
- We believe that Learning is Key. This means that there are plenty of chances for you to learn and grow at our scale-up.
- We also often arrange (voluntary) extra curriculum events, such as sailing events, campsites, BBQ’s, Xmas party and of course Friday afternoon drinks.
As we are growing at break-neck pace we are developing technologies and methods without any example in the world. Please do not expect to find a bed of roses. A pioneering mentality is a must.
For more information and applying, please send your CV and a short motivation to email@example.com with subject “Innovation Program Manager”.