Oceans of Energy is a young company which focuses on the development of floating systems at sea for renewable energy generation. We offer access to a unique source of clean energy to islands and coastal regions, without competition for scarce land and with cost reductions compared to conventional energy sources. We do so with radical innovation and a well-balanced team, consisting of experienced top-seniors and highly talented starters. As our first projects at sea are being realized next year, we need to strengthen our engineering team. The Senior Hydrodynamics Engineer plays a key role in the development of our novel floating renewable energy platforms.
- Supervision of hydrodynamic modelling of novel floating renewable energy platforms
- Conceptual design, feasibility check and concept selection process
- Plan and supervise model-testing of scale models
- Analyze measurement data from real-life protoypes and pilot systems, and integrate findings in following designs
- Supervise engineering master thesis students
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Advanced degree (Master or Bachelor) preferably in Offshore- or Maritime engineering
- Preferably 10 years relevant engineering experience in the offshore or maritime industry
- Preferred experience with dynamic analysis tools (e.g. Orcaflex, Ansys AQWA, AnySIM);
- Excellent English language skills
- Startup mentality: enthusiastic, independent, and getting things done with simple means.
- Driven, curious and solutions-oriented; bringing solutions rather than listing problems
- Self-directed, quick learner
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Good communicator and able to direct a small team
Apply For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Senior Hydrodynamics Engineer“.