Engineering Internships 2018
Oceans of Energy is a startup company, we develop floating systems for renewable energy at sea. Our goal is to allow all islands and all populations near the sea to generate clean energy using their ocean space rather than their scarce land.
We are passionate about creating new maritime technology. We believe that an innovation is most successful when lead by a small organization which is 100% focused on making it a success, while we cooperate actively with research institutes and offshore industry.
The engineers, both staff and interns, play a key role in the development of our novel floating renewable energy platforms. Maritime engineering, structural engineering, mechanical solutions, determining the mooring loads of floating structures, analyzing the hydrodynamic behavior building prototypes and installing them at sea is our process of bringing our design from concept to reality.
- Conceptual design, feasibility check and concept selection
- Hydrodynamic modelling of novel floating renewable energy platforms
- Calculation and verification of structural strength of floating systems and connections
- Selection of materials
- Plan and supervise model-testing of scale models
- Verify outcome of numerical modelling with hand-calculations
- Hands-on building of prototypes and test models
- Analyze measurement data from real-life protoypes and pilot systems, and integrate findings in following designs
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Master or Bachelor student in (typically) Mechanical, Civil, Offshore- or Maritime engineering
- Capable of – or eager to learn – design, numerical modelling, building, testing tasks
- Startup mentality: enthusiastic, independent, and getting things done with simple means.
- Self-directed, quick learner
- Driven, curious and solutions-oriented; bringing solutions rather than listing problems
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Good communicator and able to work in a small team
- Excellent English language skills
For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to email@example.com with subject “Engineering internship”.