Electrical Engineering Internship
Oceans of Energy is a start-up company that is focused on developing the world’s first floating solar systems at sea. Our goal is to allow all islands and all populations near the sea to generate clean energy using the ocean space rather than the scarce land.
We are passionate about creating new maritime technology and believe that an innovation is most successful when lead by a small organization which is 100% focused on making it a success. All members of our engineering team, both staff and interns, play a key role in the development of our novel floating renewable energy platforms.
We cooperate actively with research institutes like TNO, ECN and offshore industry and the University of Utrecht to realize our first pilot projects, the first of which in early 2019. One of the most important and challenging parts of these projects is the design and implementation of the integration of the electrical equipment. This internship is focused on the building of the electrical equipment integration, water tightening and the safety aspects of the electrical system.
- Design of an electrical system for operation at sea
- Water tightening design of the electrical system
- Safety aspects of the electrical system at sea, including working with high voltages
- Implementation of an innovative monitoring system
- Working together with different other disciplines (i.e. structural design)
- Hands-on building of the electrical system
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Master or Bachelor (University/HBO) student in (typically) Electrical Engineering of strong affinity with implementation of electrical systems
- Capable of drawing technical electrical design diagrams
- Capable of electrical system integration, including wiring, connection, water tightening, soldering etc.
- Startup mentality: enthusiastic/driven, independent, taking initiative, solutions-oriented and getting things done with simple means
- Good communicator and able to work in a small team
- English language skills
For more information please visit oceansofenergy.blue and for applying please send your CV and a short motivation to email@example.com with subject “Electrical engineering internship”.