Position: Construction Lead Engineer for Prototypes
Oceans of Energy is a young company and the first in the world to place solar panels offshore in ocean conditions. This will bring a big positive impact to the world: abundance of clean energy without land space issues. Our goal is to allow all populations near the sea, from small islands to large coastal regions, to generate clean energy using their sea space rather than their scarce land.
We are a leader in offshore solar systems development in this new, fast growing market, harvesting the largest untapped potential of renewable energy on earth. We are also ecological research leader in this new field, to understand the impact as well as the benefits for nature and marine life.
We want to learn by doing. Building prototypes and learning from that is key in our development. The Construction Engineer for Prototypes is responsible for the construction of our prototype platforms and thereby plays a key role in the development of our novel floating renewable energy platforms and in the realization of the first commercial projects in remote locations.
- Lead the construction of prototypes, deliver first-offs for our early clients.
- Set up a construction facility including required equipment
- Set up team or arrange required workers depending on the work load
- Fabricate our first systems, which can be used for development projects as well as for commercial projects
- Make project planning and work breakdown
- Experiment and implement new materials and components
- Support or lead in-house building & assembly activities
- Develop and implement fitting procedures for offshore installation, construction, assembly, in remote locations
- Manage outsourcing
- Select suppliers, partners, fabrication contractors, installation contractors
- Initiate, supervise and/or execute procurement and contracting activities
- Project control
- Follow and update project budget and planning
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Experience in construction 5+ years
- Hands on, able to learn by doing
- Driven to develop something new, preferable in the field of solar, maritime engineering
- Team leader and good communicator
- Excellent English language skills
- Startup mentality: enthusiastic, independent, and getting things done with simple means.
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Good communicator
For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to email@example.com with subject “Construction Lead Engineer Prototypes”