Position: Commercial Director
Oceans of Energy is a scale-up, the first company in the world to place solar panels offshore in ocean conditions. This will bring a large positive impact to the world: abundance of clean energy without land space issues. Our focus for the coming years is to allow dense populations near the sea, such as small islands and large coastal regions, to generate clean energy using their sea space rather than scarce land.
We are a technology leader and key systems provider in this new market and expect to grow fast. Offshore solar is the largest untapped potential of renewable energy on earth. We are also a research leader in this new field, to understand interactions with nature and aim for synergies that benefit marine ecosystems.
We are passionate about our mission. We believe that creating new maritime technology is most successful when lead by a small organization which is 100% focused on making it a success. We also believe in cooperation with offshore industry and research institutes, which we have shaped in several active and fruitful partnerships.
The Commercial Director is part of the management team. His/her main tasks include:
- Responsible for our early sales worldwide.
- Develop commercial projects with out-of-the box financial instruments such as export financing, multilaterals, international development banks support, project SPVs at remote locations selling the electricity under a PPA.
- Lead the company as part of the Management Team
- Financial responsibilities, depending on the candidate
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Advanced degree (Master or Bachelor)
- Commercial experience, preferably in renewable energy, international project financing
- Financial experience, preferably in startup/ scale-up environment, attracting investment and accounting, would be a strong additional asset
- Natural team leader with vision, resilience and self-reflection. People manager.
- Excellent English language skills
- Startup mentality: enthusiastic, flexible and versatile, independent, getting things done with simple means.
- Good communicator, people person
For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “CCO”.